Osborn Engineering is one of the leading consulting engineering firms in Northeastern Ohio with offices in multiple states and project and clientele reach across the US. Established over a century ago in 1892, Osborn is proud to be Ohio's oldest engineering firm continuing a tradition of contributing to the growth of Ohio and the rest of the nation through outstanding quality in engineering. Today, Osborn Engineering provides technology, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire protection, civil, and structural engineering services for a wide range of project types. In addition to our engineering services, we also provide sustainability design, energy management and commissioning services for our clients.
Our technology group provides consulting services that exceed that of a typical architectural engineering firm, including but not limited to master planning, visioning, enterprise system design and program management, to a variety of clientele. Some of our clients work in healthcare, education, entertainment, content media and sports market sectors. As these markets continue to grow for our technology practice, we are looking for enthusiastic and forward-thinking Technology Engineering Candidates with two to five (2 – 5) years’ experience to grow in our fast-paced environment.
• Collaborate with our senior level staff creating in AutoCAD, REVIT, EASE, Ekahau, etc.
• Research new technologies applicable to our projects
• Provide innovative consulting and design starting for technology infrastructure, and system design
• Interact with internal and external consultants for multi-discipline coordination
• Effectively apply best practices from professional organizations such as Bicsi, AVIXA, etc. in technology design
• Collaborate with the technology team expanding our library of standardized details and specifications
• Collaborate with Technology Department Manager to understand group goals and learn to accurate track progress
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Electrical, Computer or Communications preferred
• Minimum of 2+ years experience in the design and/or integration of technology systems, including structured cabling, audio visual, access control, video surveillance, and basic network concepts and practices
• Experience in AutoCAD and Revit
• Strong understanding of the use of Microsoft Office products, e.g. Excel, Word
• Must have Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
• Certifications from Bicsi and/or AVIXA (formerly Infocomm) a plus
• Knowledge of the National Electrical Code preferred • Experience in Ekahau or EASE a plus
• Experience in Healthcare, Higher Education, Entertainment, Sports or Content Media (Video Production) a plus
• Knowledge of Cisco, Aruba/HP, Juniper a plus
• Competitive benefits package includes profit sharing