Mechanical / Process Engineer | Cleveland, OH
Seeking a talented Mechanical/Process Engineer who is seeking a leading role in the development and growth of Osborn Engineering’s Industrial practice. An ideal candidate will be a self-starter with clear and concise communication skills. The Mechanical/Process Engineer will be responsible for detailed phases of engineering work on major projects or total engineering work on projects of smaller or moderate scope.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering methods and techniques on work of small projects or on portions of larger projects.
- Develop system layouts, equipment sizing, selection and associated specification and scope of work write-up.
- Perform plumbing, piping and/or ventilation system design on selected projects.
- Developing construction contract documents.
- Receives instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features, and assistance in deriving possible solutions to unusual problems.
- Exercises judgment in making adaptations or modifications to design concepts.
- May supervise, coordinate, and direct the work effort of designers on the same project with some responsibility for checking his/her portion of the completed drawings.
- May write specifications and assist in preparing cost estimates.
- Performs design work on AutoCAD and Revit modeling software.
- Attend and participate in design reviews (internal/external) as necessary.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering from ABET accredited school, which qualifies for licensure in the state of practice, is required.
- Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam and PE tracked.
- Strong oral and written skills to communicate with the project team (including client).
- Must have ability to interface with customers to define scope of work and basis of design.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems control philosophy including P&ID development.
- In-Depth Knowledge of HVAC, Pumping, Chiller and Boiler systems, including design and operation.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Revit is preferred.
- Knowledge of pump hydraulics required.
- Knowledge of hydraulic modeling software is desired.
- Knowledge of piping support design a plus.
- Knowledge of pipe stress analysis highly desirable. This includes both manual calculations and computer simulations.
- Self-motivation to clarify scope of work, anticipate issues, propose options and find cost-effective or schedule driven solutions.
- Problem-solving and flexibility in fast-paced environment.
- Practical field-experience with active involvement in construction areas preferred.
We can offer you a challenging career with one of Northeast Ohio’s best-known and most diverse consultants. Attractive profit sharing and stock ownership programs supplement our competitive salary and benefits package.
Submit your resume